Ginger for Healthy life
Fresh ginger root is available at every time of the year is highly beneficial in developing health in various ways. It is the most common herbal medicine used in Asia and specifically in various dishes and cooking practices in India.
Modern scientific research has established its effective antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory effects too. Ginger is helpful in getting gastrointestinal relief. It is more effective in dealing with symptoms of motion sickness as per recent research. Ginger helps to reduce all symptoms related to motion sickness like vomiting, nausea, dizziness.
Small dose of ginger has proved useful in providing relief from nausea and vomiting problems during pregnancy considerably. Further it is safe and without any side effects. It also saves the severe birth defects which may occur due to constant use of ant vomiting drugs during pregnancy. Regular consumption of ginger has shown reduction in pain of people suffering from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. It has also helped them improve their mobility.
Various studies conducted and reports published indicate that gingerly, the active phytonutrients in ginger kill ovarian cancer cells. Ginger extracts have shown anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-tumor effects on cells.
Stroke does not attack or happen suddenly in majority of persons. Many a time the body passes on various signals which can be considered as warning signals of stroke. Utter negligence or apathy can then lead to stroke. Stroke happens mainly because of lack of supply of sufficient quantity of oxygen or nutrition to the brain. If such condition prevails for longer time, there is always danger of stroke. Following are the common warning signals of stroke which needs attention by people.
- Headache which is severe as well as sudden without any clue as to the cause of it can be a warning signal of stroke.
- Another common warning signal of stroke is faulty vision. It may be blurred vision, double vision or even blindness, which happens due to the optic nerve of the brain getting affected.
- Inadequate supply of oxygen person in certain parts of brain develops feeling of drowsiness, dizziness or can also suffer from vomiting and sudden confusion. This may also be a warning signal of stroke.
- Sudden weakness accompanied with a feeling of numbness of some body parts like arms, legs, or hand, which may be a result of malfunctioning of the part of the brain which dictates motions.
- Problem in talking and in understanding of others is also another common warning signal of stroke.
Irrespective of the timing and duration of the symptoms of stroke they need immediate medical attention. Immediate analysis and evaluation of symptoms of stroke, preferably within first sixty minutes is important to decide cause of stroke and start required medical treatment.