Remedies for asthma
Asthma is a potentially deadly respiratory illness if not managed properly can cause serious problems. There are several simple home remedies that are very supportive and helpful in the treatment of this chronic disease. These home remedies can be prepared easily in your own home. All the ingredients are involved in these home remedies for asthma are readily available in the kitchen.
Home remedies for Asthma
A. Asthma patients should avoid cold and relieve constipation. Constipation causes distension of the abdomen and put pressure on the lungs, aggravating the condition.
2. Patients should try to drink lots of hot water. This dilate airways, allowing more air flow.
3. Avoid cold drinks, fruit acids and refrigerated foods. bitter fruit juices and cold drinks causes inflammation and narrowing of the bronchi.
4. Avoid stress and tension. These can disrupt the digestive system and aggravate asthma attacks. Patients can take the help of pranayama to overcome stress and tension. It should be at least half an hour a day for best results.
5. Patients should avoid eating bananas. This fruit produces mucus, clogs the lungs and airways narrow.
6. Dip the patient feet in hot water during the attacks. This will alleviate symptoms and discomfort.
7. Asthma is usually caused by an allergy. Therefore, the patient should be kept away from dust, smoke and pollution.
8. Knowing the triggers of asthma attacks brought by the patient. Avoid them , keep the airways with minimized inflammation and reduce symptoms.
9. Smoke is one of the main triggers of asthma. Should be prohibited because it can cause harm to the patient seriously.
10. Patients should not stay awake at night. This can increase stress and anxiety, which exacerbates asthma.
11. Limit consumption of non-vegetarian food. This can lead to constipation due to the low fiber content. Constipation increases the load on the chest. Eat vegetables and fruits rich in fiber.
12. Soak dried fruit in water overnight. In the morning, keep raisins in cold milk for half an hour, then chew. This will give you energy and boost the immune system. But there are disadvantages-if the patient has diabetes mellitus.
Foot note- use of remedies is strictly at own risk of the user .Consult your Doctor, Physician, Nutritionist etc. before changing your present practices.